Daily #LiveLessons with Jane Considine
Everything you need to know to take part in Jane's #LockdownLearning
Jane Considine will be teaching English #LiveLessons every week day between Monday 11th January and Friday 12th February.
The intention of these lessons is to help parents and teachers during the latest lockdown. The lessons relate to Jane Considine's English Unit Plans and there will be three units of work taught during this lockdown.
January 11th to January 21st - Narrative - The Secret of Black Rock
January 22nd to February 2nd - Non-fiction - The Day The Crayons Quit (Persuasive letter writing)
February 3rd to February 12th - Narrative - The Lost Thing Animation
- The lessons will be live streamed every day on our YouTube and Facebook page, beginning at 9:45am (GMT) and finishing at 10:45am (GMT).
- You will be able to watch the lessons after they have been streamed live on either YouTube or Facebook and they will stay on our channels indefinitely.
- The lessons are suitable for primary pupils, Years 1 to 6.
- Both parents and teachers can work through the live lessons with their children.
- Please subscribe to our YouTube channel here and please like our Facebook page here so you can be kept up to date with the latest information on Jane's #LiveLessons.
- The Secret of Black Rock unit plan is part of our free unit plan subscription, which you can sign up to here.
- The Day The Crayons Quit and The Lost Thing Animation unit plans are part of our paid unit plan subscription, which can be purchased here.
- It is not essential that you download the PDF unit plans. However we do highly recommend that you do, as it will help with the teaching and learning.
- Due to the nature of remote teaching, there will be no experience days and no independent writing days included in Jane's #LiveLessons, only Sentence Stacking lessons. Please note that this is different to the downloadable plans, as these include experience days and independent writing days.
- The lessons will run as if you were teaching them, instead Jane will be teaching them live on YouTube and Facebook.
- You are not required to purchase the books used in the unit plans. However, we do recommend purchasing them as they are great reads.
- You can download PDF and image (PNG) versions of the blank narrative maps here.
- Please note, due to the ever changing situation of the covid-19 pandemic, these dates are subject to change.
Every day we will choose three sentences to help build our #SentenceStack. To submit your child's or pupils' work please send their work to us via a message on Facebook or by tagging us and using the below hashtags on Twitter. Don't forget to include the child's name and age in case their work is selected.
Click on the links below to be taken to our social media pages:
The Training Space Twitter
Jane Considine's Twitter
The Training Space Facebook
The Training Space Instagram
Hashtags for submission:
Jane will be using The Writing Rainbow and The Writing Rainbow Symbols during the lessons. It is not essential that you have these yourself, however many have found it beneficial to have supporting resources for the lessons. The live lessons work in line with the concepts in Jane's best selling book, The Write Stuff.
Click on the resource below to be taken to the product:
The Writing Rainbow A3
The Writing Rainbow Symbols - Small
The Write Stuff Book
(Resources available in other sizes)
Above all, we hope that you find the live lessons useful and enjoyable for your children. We hope that the #LiveLessons bring structure, fun and a little bit of normality to an otherwise difficult time.
If you have any queries or feedback, please email [email protected]
"Together, we can make great things happen."